WELD STAR HANDHELD LASER WELDING MACHINE
A handheld laser welding machine suitable for welding up to 4.5mm metals, perfect for high production welding applications. Laser welding is up to 4 times faster than traditional welding techniques and is a game changer in the world of welding. Laser welding is not only faster, but can improve weld aesthetics and is incredibly easy to use.
A wire feeder, feeds wire of 0.6 – 1.2mm along a guide tube and introduces it to the laser beam to introduce filler material, much like a MIG welder or a TIG cold wire feed. The machine takes 5 or 15KG spools of wire.
The resulting welds created with laser are high strength as well as neat, with minimal post weld clean up. The heat affected zone from laser welding is generally smaller than using traditional methods too, so can increase weld strength. The lower temperatures achieved minimise warping in thinner materials.
Supplied with power source, laser welding torch and wire feeder
LASER WELDING MATERIAL THICKNESSES
|Material||One Sided Limit Welding Seam|
|Stainless Steel||Up to 4.5mm|
|Mild Steel||Up to 4.5mm|
|Galvanized Sheet||Up to 4.0mm|
|Aluminium Plate||Up to 4.0mm|
|Brass||Up to 3.0mm|
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The lightest and smallest fibre laser welding machine in the world, the Weld Star laser welder weighs just 39KG and is encased in a compact robust casing. An integrated cable reel stores the wire feeder cable for ease of transport.
The laser torch is lightweight at only 0.68KG, is compact in size and has been ergonomically designed for comfort. The torch has been proven as the most comfortable, stable and easy to use laser welding torch of its kind. With safety in mind, the design of the torch is such that it can be used continuously throughout the day.
SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE
- Embedded with 24 pre set modes for various materials
- So easy to use, that training can be given to a beginner within 30 minutes.
- Advanced operators can set their own laser welding parameters for different material types and thicknesses and save jobs for later recall.
- Beginners in laser welding can make use of the pre set parameters to achieve the same high quality, consistent and neat welding seams
- A 7 inch touch screen is both easy to read and navigate.
- Pre set modes include wobble parameters, suitable for wider welding seams and high tolerance for workpiece assembly fit up
- What are wobble parameters? The “wobble” of the laser effectively increases the beam diameter. The movement of the beam creates a larger area which in turn increases the width of the weld.
APPLICATIONS AND MATERIALS
|Traditional Welding Method||Weld Star Handheld Laser Welding Machine|
|Physical Hazard||Arc radiation and smoke||Low radiation, environmentally friendly|
|Welding Speed||Slow and inefficient||Up to 4 times faster than TIG and MIG|
|Quality||Welding seam is rough and irregular, needs to be polished||Good aestetic, perfect, neat welding seam, deep molten pool and high strength|
|Heated Affected Zone||Large||Low|
|Welding Seam Damage||With air holes, easy to weld through||Uniform molten pool and good consistency|
|Welding Materials||Limited by chances in consumables||Wide range of materials|
|Size||667mm x 276mm x 542mm|
|Operating mode||Continuous and pulsed|
|Wobble Frequency||0 – 300HZ|
|Preset process parameters||32 Groups|
|Average Load Power6000W / 4500W|